GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CANDIDATES
The following are the guidelines for foreign candidates who are seeking admission to National Sports University, Manipur. These guidelines have been framed to formulate the procedure to be followed regarding eligibility to apply and admission to various programmes offered by the University.
DEFINITION OF FOREIGN CANDIDATE
The term ‘Foreign Candidate’ includes:
- Foreign Candidates: Candidates holding citizenship of foreign nations;
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO): A person who or any of whose ancestors was an Indian national and who is presently holding another country’s citizenship/nationality. That is, he/she is the holder of a foreign passport; and
- Non-Resident Indians(NRI): A Non-Resident Indian is an Indian citizen who is residing outside India and holds an Indian passport. Only those NRI candidates who have studied and passed the qualifying examinations from schools or colleges inforeign countries will be considered as foreign students.
NRIs will include those candidates who have studied or are studying in schools or colleges situated in foreign countries even if such schools or colleges are affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Education or Universities located in India.
But NRIs will not include students studying in those schools or colleges (situated in India) and affiliated to the Boards of Secondary Examinations or Universities located in foreign countries as external students. Similarly, dependants of NRIs studying in India also will not be considered as foreign students.
- A foreign student willing to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate programme at National Sports University should submit the Admission Application Form offline, as mentioned in the Admission Prospectus.
- The Admission Application Form can be downloaded from www.yas.nic.in, duly filled-in, scanned and mailed to regnsu2018[at]gmail[dot]com along with a cover letter or couriered along with a cover letter to The Registrar, National Sports University, Khuman Lampak Campus, Imphal, Manipur,India.
- The cover letter shall mention details of the amount transferred towards the cost of the Admission Application Form.
- The cost of the Application Form shall be Rs.1000/-The amount shall be transferred to the bank account of NSU by RTGS in the name of National Sports University, Account No. 073201000032372, IFSCCode: IOBA0000732.
- All letters/queries relating to admission of foreign student should be addressed to The Registrar, National Sports University, Khuman Lampak Campus, Imphal, Manipur, India or emailed to regnsu2018[at]gmail[dot]com or may be contacted at+91 385 2421004.
- The admission of foreign students shall be supernumerary, i.e., over and above sanctioned intake.
- Manipur shall apply through the Embassy of their country / Diplomatic Channels or through Indian Council for Cultural Relations
- Such candidates shall only be admitted based on their credentials
- He/She shall have scored the minimum qualifying marks in Admission Test and shall meet acceptable standards in medical examination
- Please refer to GUIDELINES FOR ADMISSION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS at www.yas.nic.in
FOREIGN EXAMINATIONS RECOGNIZED BY AIU
The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) has recognised the following foreign examinations as equivalent to +2 stage examination of Indian school boards for admission to undergraduate programmes - professional as well as non-professional – at Indian universities. It may be noted that the AIU amends this list from time to time.
- 12 years Baccalaureate Certificate from Afghanistan, France, Iraq, and Tunisia.
- 12 years General Secondary Education Certificate of the Ministry of Education from the Kingdom of Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and other Gulf countries.
- GCE/IGCSE examinations of the approved British Examining Bodies in UK, Singapore, Hong Kong and Mauritius with passes in 5 subjects at ‘Ordinary Level’ and
- 2 subjects at ‘Advanced Level’. For admission to professional courses – medical / engineering Advanced Level Passes in Physical, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and English are essential besides 5 (five) passes at GCE ‘Ordinary Level’.
- High School Diploma from accredited School of USA.
- Intermediate/Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary of the approved Boards in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- 12 years Secondary stage qualification of National Examination Board/Council in of the Ministry of Education – Kenya, Nigeria, Ethopia, Sudan, Uganda, and Tanzania.
- 12 years secondary stage Examination conducted by various provinces in Australia and Canada.
- GCE ‘Ordinary’ and ‘Advanced’ level examination of the Department of Examination, Govt. of Sri Lanka.
- 12- year STPM examination of Malaysia.
- 12- year Secondary Stage qualification of Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, and Yemen Arab Republic.
- ‘Abitur’ of Germany.
- 12- year High School Diploma awarded by the accredited American School/Foreign Schools in other countries following American pattern of education.
- Any other qualification determined as equivalent by the AIU from time to time.
ADMISSION OF FOREIGN STUDENTS
Admission of foreign students shall be granted in accordance with the provisions detailed in the Admission Prospectus of the University and/or on receipt of the application through Diplomatic Channels (i.e., routed through the Indian Missions/Ministry of External Affairs) on qualifying the test prescribed for the purpose.
- The last date for admission of foreign candidates shall be 14th August each year.
- The admission shall be subject to production of following documents:
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Certificate and Marksheet of Qualifying Examination.
- Equivalency Certificate issued by the AIU.
- Copy of Passport for Foreign Citizens, wherever applicable Dual Citizenship Card for PIO, wherever applicable; or NRI Status Certificate, wherever applicable.
- National Sports University Prospectus 2018-’19 Required Application Fee.
- Medical Fitness Certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner.
- Character Certificate from the Institute/School last attended.
- A certificate from nearest Police Station certifying that no vigilance/disciplinary case is pending or being contemplated against him/her.
- Migration Certificate (in original).
- Transfer Certificate (in original).
- Highest sports participation certificate of the preceding four academic Years.
- Six copies of passport-size photographs.
- All rules and regulations of the University issued from time to time, shall be applicable to Foreign students as the other students.