The University, once developed, will be the first one of its kind to promote sports education in the areas of sports sciences, sports technology, sports management, & sports coaching. It will also function as the national training centre for selected sports disciplines by adopting the best international practices by signing Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with international universities. The Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has already signed MoUs with the Universities of Canberra & Universities of Victoria.
National Sports University aims to become the pioneering university in country to prepare world-class athletes, sports scientists, sports managers, sports architects, sports journalists, physical educationists with the help of path-breaking research & diverse programs that inspire leadership, teamwork, & resilience among its students, thereby profoundly impacting our society in meaningful ways.
- To produce top athletes, sports scientists, competent physical educationists by offering programs that cultivate learning through competition, recreation, physical activity in addition to classroom learning.
- To mentor students by inculcating values & leadership skills in them by providing diverse opportunities that develop character to succeed in all facets of their lives.
- To study human potential holistically by conducting pioneering research in the field of sports science & use its findings to boost public health & enhance international performance of Indian athletes.
- To develop the entire sports eco-system including sports management, sports journalism, sports architecture, sports equipment manufacturing, etc.
- To contribute towards promoting international peace with the power of sports by helping build a society & country healthy in mind & body.
Through tireless effort & knowledge, towards excellence.